Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Working Out

So we've been pounding the gym for the last couple of months in preparation for our shoot in May. Shermaine especially has been very consistent and focused, going up to 4 times a week! She uses both her office gym and the Yio Chu Kang Club Fitt with me. She also takes October out for hour-long walks/jogs on the occasion, and you can see the benefits of these sojourns that both of them are reaping! haha..

Shermaine, an avid reader of all things mostly non-fiction, has been picking up health books and trying out different diets. She mainly watches her calories these days, limiting her intake to a certain amount. This is a great system, because if you plan to eat heavier for dinner, for example, then you should cut back on your breakfast and lunch. In the end, you will have eaten your heavy dinner, and still be within the required calorie intake per day, but you would have effectively balanced it out without eating extra! Fantastic!

I must praise her on her very effective and non-tortorous diet and workout regime because she has really put in a lot of effort! Actually, I don't even have to praise her, cos all her office colleagues and friends are already doing so! They're quite taken aback by her new look. Good job Shermy!


As for me, well, I'm not trying to lose weight, you know I've always had the unusual problem of not being able to gain weight! After 3 months of gymming, I didn't look much harder or bigger, though I definitely feel more lean. But I needed to gain weight, and the usual fruits and protein thing didn't seem to change anything, except make me healthier.

But that was fine, since I had my office Banana Run in early April, and all that running on the treadmill allowed me to go into the competition as a Pro-Runner without much need for additional training. I came in 2nd for the 5km run, at a time of 19 mins 40 secs, which is not bad considering I used to run cross-country, when I was 18, at 19mins +! 10 years later and I can still kick it eh? haha..

So once the Banana Run was over, Shermaine jumped in to the rescue again! She's been force-feeding me consistent 2nd breakfasts that I eat at work about 9.30am, and ensuring that I eat a substantial post-work snack at about 4.30pm, along with my usual 3 meals. Also, I'm not avoiding the fried foods now.. yay! love those unhealthy fried edibles..

The result? I'm putting on about 1kg per week now for the past 2 weeks. Yay! Looking forward to hitting 65 kg just in time for the photoshoot in Bali..

So, in summary, this is another reason why I'm very happy with my chosen life partner - Shermaine. =D

1 comment:

  1. Your post is cho chweet~!

    Hehe! =D Upload a nice pic of us, post-gym efforts! =D

    ReplyDelete