Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Official Photographer - Yi Ting from OneEyeClick!

We finally settled our official event photographer! As early as November 2010, Sherm and I have been keeping an eye out for a photographer - that special someone who can take interesting, inviting and fantastic shots, yet leave the subjects looking comfortable and thoroughly at ease. In the end, we chose OneEyeClick.

[This image was stolen off the OneEyeClick website, don't sue me!]

Being photographers, both Sherm and I, we don't believe in paying so much for photography. In Singapore, wedding photography can be priced as high as S$5000 for a single person to cover an event! I've seen the quality of those shots, and I don't believe that is necessary at all. Nor did we need the bells and whistles such as an event-day wedding album. We just wanted some interesting pictures that come off fun, and definitely have that unique look.

Using my network on Facebook, I asked my friends for recommendations, combed the various portfolios of the various studios. I cruised the SG Weddings forums and even trawled some friends photo albums for great images. From the initial list of 8, I managed to cut it down to about 2, with Sherm's friend Rachel adding another for our final consideration.

Why we went for OneEyeClick:
I was smitten by the pictures in OneEyeClick's blog from the start (a recommendation of our Kendo friend Kevin Chua). I liked all their shoots: pre-wedding and actual day images were both equally good. There is a certain amount of style in their colour processing, not to mention the interesting compositional skills and crops. Lovely. Terry was a joy to email, which was practically our entire pre-agreement discussion. He has a very 'can-do' attitude, and I was won over by that.
I was, however, expect a meeting of sorts, to discuss the style or preferences, but I suppose that might happen nearer the event. Well, they're pros, so if this is the way they work, I don't really care, I like their end product enough! Putting it in their very capable hands! (Update 26 Mar '11: Terry has already contacted me after sending the contract, and there will be a meeting set up between Yi Ting and us just prior to the actual day.)

Apart from our main photographer, we are also engaging a videographer to work on a video documenting the first half of our big day, ending with the matrimonial ceremony in Church. He will be producing a video, popularly termed an "Express Highlight", to be screened during the same-day wedding dinner. Hope its good!

Sherm and I do have a large number of friends who take really nice pictures. So, I do expect that our friends will be bringing their cameras as well, and we can probably get some great candids from them. =)

If I've missed out any detail regarding this aspect of the wedding, pls do drop me a note and make a suggestion!

No comments:

Post a Comment